G'day from - NSW

G'day guys and gals

my name is rob, im 18, im from the Maitland area. Into Hotrods, Drag Racing, Fishing, Boxing and I Go shooting a fair bit just for the usual rabbits/hares/foxes Ive recently applied for my firearms license, and still waiting on the paperwork. look forward to talkin to you's.

Cheers, Rob

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

How is everyone?

My name is Grant and i am quitenew to hunting. Enjoy my firearms and being a responsible shooter.

Cheers

G'day G'day!

A mate pointed me over here from another hobby based forum when the topic arose about shooting.

I'm yet to check out the site in detail, but my first few reads have left me wanting more... haha

Basicly I shoot with a 22-250 and an old russian 22 sports. Only been shooting for a few years on long weekends when I head up to the inlaws property. Mainly target goats, but have always been on the look out for pigs and a few other vermin.

If I'm not up the farm shooting, I'm working on my car or someone elses...

Cheers

Tark :D

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hello everybody,

I'm Randell, from Victoria. I've been hunting, off and on for about 35 years, but started to get serious about deer hunting about 6 years ago. I've managed to get 2 sambar, 2 rusa (in New Caledonia) and administered the coup-de-grace on a fallow for a hunting mate of mine. I hunt sambar with a 375 H&H or a 45-70. We're off to north central NSW next week to hunt pigs and chital. I also shoot pistols competitively, dabble in skeet and have shot full bore. I also like to experiment with handloading, and I'm a bit of an accuracy nut, so any info in this area will be gratefully received.

On that note, I have an InterArms 243 (Zastava commercial Mauser 98 action, sporter weight barrel) which wouldn't group as well as I liked. Bedded the action and floated the barrel, and went to the range. No improvement, in fact groups were worse. Then, checked the gun bag, a box of ammo, loaded with 60gn sierra HP's/AR2206. 3 shots in 0.305"/7.7mm. The rifle obviously doesn't like win 785 powder (load I tried earlier). Checked the records when I got home, the 60gnHP/AR2206 load had been tested and shot around 0.6" to 0.7". The moral here: keep records, check your records and and keep experimenting.

Does anyone have experience hunting medium game (pigs, fallow, chital) with a 243 and can reccommend a good, controlled expansion bullet? One that penetrates and expands, does break up on heavy bone or mud encrusted hide?

Look forward to talking about hunting, shooting, ballistics, reloading and the whole deal.

Regards,

Randell

Hi everyone

I'm Rob I am from the UK coming to visit a mate in Sydney and going up to Brisbane to see his old lady and family.. we plan to go out hunting and would like to get a few tips and look at what you guys hunt...

I own a few rifles my main deer rifle is a 308 Tikka T3 fitted with Reflex T8 and Zeiss Conquest glass, 22 Winchester 1890 pump bunny basher, and couple shotguns for game and rough shooting, but don't look as if I can sort the paperwork out in time to bring a rifle with me.. hey ho so will have to hire one or go on an organised day out

Any info on where to go shoot is NSW area be greatly appreciated, to find something unussual and reasonable cost would be good :rolleyes:

Hey all, I'm from Sydney and I'm looking to get started hunting vermin with a medium-sized rifle - around .308 Win calibre. At the moment, I'm looking at getting a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless, an affordable rifle with very good reviews.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi All

Been interested in Hunting for a long time ,, never had much chance to get out but will soon ..