G'day from - VIC

Just joined the forum today and looking forward to checking it all out. I'm mainly into deer hunting and have been since the early '70's. Hounds back then, then stalking and for the past 18 years stalking with a gundog...Wirehairs. Also addicted to trail cameras over the past few years and make my own "homebrews" which has been a good addition to my deer hunting activities. I'm close to the sambar & hoggies in East Gippsland and get out quite a bit poking around now that I'm retired. A bit of an armoury in the gunsafe....35 Improved Model 70, 300 WSM A Bolt, 270 Rem 700 SS Mountain rifle, 243 Rem 700 Mountain rifle, the obligatory BRNO Model 2 .22 and a Moroka 9000 U/O for birds & clays. Look forward to doing a few posts on the forum and contributing here & there. Cheers

sambar358

Hey all, just getting into my hunting a bit more seriously these days and thought I would check your site out. Thought it might be a good place to make some hunting contacts. Most of my hunting is done on foot for rabbits,foxes and a bit of feral control on pigs and wild dogs. Based out of Wagga NSW, also don't mind a fish to go along with my hunting.Looking forward to getting into stalking deers soon.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hows it goin, just on here to see all the weird and wonderful things from my fellow hunters

G'day guys. Just getting back into archery. Started when I was about 12 (now 42). Been out of the 'game' fro about 20 years. I am avis 4wder (jbs4wd same in 4x4earth website). Will be hunting in the gipsland area. Will always be looking for new areas and people to go with.

Cheers

JOHN

Hi Fellas,

I am new to the site. I owe two rifles currently - a Tikka T3 .308 and a Winchester 250 .22lr

i am joining here so i can learn a bit more and hopefully pick up some tips stalking deer etc.

i look forward to talking and meeting lots of new people and hopefully new contacts.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

g'day folks ,own a 243 and a 22 mag , dont mind a bit of a bunny hunt with the 22 mag, 243 gets mainly used for target shooting on the moment,

as i like to use it for hunting goats and pigs ,anyone any ideas or advise ??

Hi all, Just joined up. Hello!. I've been a shooter since I shot mums .22 about 40 years ago when I was 10. I own a 8.8ha property in the Wimmera & have 720Ha to shoot on. I have .22 Gamo air rifle, .22lr Stirling, Shot gun, & a 223rem savage. I also use a night vision monocular which really picks out the eyes of Foxes & feral cats. My main game is Rabbit's however we do the odd Roo cull when needed, I personally hate shooting roo's, but sometimes it has to be done. If it's feral or an invader, BANGurDEAD. LOL