G'day from - NSW

Hi Guys,

Im from Brisbane, down in Sydney for a while though.

used to go shooting out a property near Ipswich, thats been sold now.

Recently Ive been doin most of my hunting in the NSW State Forests using the Game Council R-licence program.

fantastic program, would love to hear from anyone else with an R-Licence who shoots on the state forests, where theyve been, where theyve had best luck, etc.

Hi

Name is Steven and getting back into shooting after a 10+ year break.

Going thru the fun process of getting my shooters license so will not have a rifle for awhile

will be getting .22 , .223 and .308

Will mainly be shooting at the range every week and hoping to do 3 to 4 hunts per year

Hoping to get some info from the members here on so good .308 rifles and scopes plus cleaning and sigthing equipments so i can get back into things nice and easy :)

Hi all, I'm a keen hunter from Sydney. Always trying to find new properties but alas, not always in luck.

Have introduced several new young hunters to the sport this year and always emphasisng safety when hunting with them.

About to try the R license system in the State forests and keen to hear from others regarding good areas to try out especially those with good 4wd tracks as well !

cheers

Simon

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hello am griffo, dont no if been on this site before as have checked a thew other the years.i hunt pigs with dogs have done for years,shoot buff n boars up the NT when up that way,go up the cape most years doggin n shootin.Live in Townsville and have a couple of local private properties to work the dogs on,have slowed down on the doggin 'cause of the kids and the dogs(2 bitches which i thought i'd never own)aren't a shade on my old dogs,but we poke along and still bag some good boars. Weapon of choice is the Marlin 45/70 guide rifle 1shot1kill.Thats me greetings to all griffo

Hi there to all

Grew up in Junee NSW, shot lots of foxes and rabbits with a mate during Years 11 and 12 at Junee. Threw heaps of rounds down a Gevarm 222 and BSA 22.

Looking to get a 22-250?? and target and game shoot in State forests and possibly on some private land whose owners I know.

Son in law is looking to join me as well. He's looking at 243W

Les

Hi all,

From the Sutherland shire NSW, I have been out of the sport for near 20years and am about to purchase a .22 air rifle to get rid of a few of the farm vermin.

Any suggestions on a good air rifle combo.

As I said I have been out of the sport for so long and am a yad perplexed on what tom purchase.

Where do I post about this topic

Sorry for the questions...

Cheers

Scott.

hi guys my name is Ryan, im into deer hunting. I hunt with both bow and rifle and have hunted in a good number of NSW State Forest. Any questions on state forest don't be scared to share info. can't talk now the just packing for this weekend. it's the rut yippee

Hi my names peter and live in northern Sydney.

To date I've only been hunting in NZ. Kiwi born been here 27 years. Looking at hunting in Aus as well. Have a Marlin .22 and Tika .270

:)

Kia Ora Mate, love the name, makes me homesick for the Bay and those wonderful Sika deer,

Cheers,

Mal the Kiwi.