hazedog is now north of the boarder allso!

Hi fellow hunters,

From Rockhampton mainly hunt CQ and NQ. Also love using WOLFHOUND X dogs. So all those with wolfhound x i wouldn't mind seeing a few, when i put a post in .

Hi ALL and GDay

Some info on me

Name: Tom

Living Area: Brisbane, Queensland

Background: Just getting into Hunting

Game Hunting: Rabbit, Fox, Pigs, Deer, Damm Cats!

Calibres: 12g, 270

Happy Hunting

gday my name seth toowoomba chase hogs wiyh dogs my dogs are bully grey and bullarab both hard dogs. recently moved from yeppoon QLD :P

hi im getting into hunting & about to buy an savage .17hmr for target shooting @ my local SSAA firing range... oh & to hunt fox & rabbits

:) cant wait.

Hows it going? G'Day to everyone

Name: Matt

Background: military shooting some civi ranges and a little bit of hunting

Home: Townsville

Have only recently moved up to townsville, looking for places to do some hunting in the surrounding areas but due to being new in town don't really know anyone with property or anything, any help anyone can give me would be greatly apprieciated, don't mind paying to use a hunting property.

Thanks very much and happy hunting to all.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi Im Warwick, a recent arrival from New Zealand and now residing in Brisbane Bayside of Queensland. A keen recreational hunter in NZ, hunting for the last 40 years and would now like to become involved in hunting in Queensland.

Any assistance in 'where to' and the applicable laws associated with areas would be gratefully received.

Hello. The names alex and im 21 from the gold coast. Started pistol target shooting when i was 12 and just went on my first hunting trip afew months ago and loved it. Look forward to doing more.

Edited by alexmak

Hi

I am getting back into the sport after a long absence

I am hoping to garner some knowledge from those in the know to maximise the enjoyment.

Rob

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi i am mark 34yr old from southern goldie. Mainly shoot at the sporting ssaa ranges and pistol club, keen to get into the pig hunting scene as i just bought a 44 mag lever. Great short range lever. love it

hey all

im new to the site looks good i hunt the south east qld area and a bit of every where in nsw.

we have four hunting dogs in the family 2 bully kelpies a pure bully and a pit kelpie.

cheers :D

Hi I'm Jock.

I'm back into Pigging after....., too many years.

Now I have my son (14) with me now, it was mates before, in the 1980's.

Looking forward to catching up with some pigs.

Have fun.

Jock.

Hey my names Dylan and im from brisbane. Cant go out hunting as much as id like to due to uni and $$$. Have been using guns to hunt but am wanting to get into bowhunting.

hi,

names jarren, am 24, living on southside of brisbane, am a member at ssaa belmont.

i have an air, .22, .243, .410 and 12g u/o.

used to hunt as a kid in vic and am keen on starting again.. just need to find some contacts/properties..

cheers - jarren

just the standard intro

john , most call me johno a few call me jack ,a couple call me dad , one calls me granddad and some call me other things

i am SEQ on the border , have been shooting for almost 40 years i suppose , long time back very casually on the range at belmont , then as a part of my income ,in the late 80s early 90s ( skins ), then not much at all for the last 10 or 12 years just getting the urge to shoot again though not as a pro this time getting to old for that .

joined or joining several forums to do a bit of reading on the latest gear and see what is happening on the hunting scene these days ,

see ya around ,

Hello guys , I live in Hervey Bay QLD , came up from Melb 14yrs ago , was a pro rabbit fox shooter for many years had the Werribee board of works contract in the 70s and dogged pigs in the off season in NSW with a family of dogs I developed based around Bull Terrier x Greyhound , went to the states in the 80s and imported the first American Pitbull Terriers into Aus and concentrated on those for 20 yrs , my last old male died and Ive decided to get back into the piggen , a life long buddy kept the old pig dog bloodline going and Ive got some pups on the way , I want to combine what Ive learned from Pitbulls and enfuse that into the old line and have some fun catching pigs like I did over 30 yrs ago , still pretty fit but it will sort me out some :) Im sure , really looking forward to getting into the bush again with a dog and a knife .

Looking forward to chatting with you guys

Rod

Hi there people.

Just found this forum when looking for " duck hunting dogs" on google. As today when I got home from work my wife told me that our dog (wolfhound x bullarab x mastif nearly 2 years old) went to the dam in our neighbours dam and caught a duck, took its head off and brought the body home for us. She has had no hunting training, is this a normal thing? We have been thinking about selling her as we teather her ( when not home) as the fences arnt good here and close to a hwy.

Edited by adzz