G'day from - VIC

G'day lads, i like using the .30 calibre, i have a few of them, .300wsm, .300ultra magnum, .300 weatherby and just love hunting sambar. Living in Victoria i get to hunt them on a weekly basis. Hounds, stalking, glassing, backpacking whatever it takes to get the job done.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi all. I'm new, green and in need of a new education!

Recently, I received my license and my new CZ 452 and I went for a walk with my rifle in a state forest. WOW What a buzz!! Now I know the feeling!! Have taken 1 hare to date, but that will change with the temp getting below 40C.

Keep smiling (I am!)

Qazfun

Hi all. I'm new, green and in need of a new education!

Recently, I received my license and my new CZ 452 and I went for a walk with my rifle in a state forest. WOW What a buzz!! Now I know the feeling!! Have taken 1 hare to date, but that will change with the temp getting below 40C.

Keep smiling (I am!)

Qazfun

Hi Mate,

In qld we can't shoot on state forest.

I have a 6.5x55, and a 22, we hope to go hunting out at a town called Tara

it is about 4hrs drive from brisbane.

Glenn

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hello happy hunters,

I am new to this site, however a member had put me onto this site some time ago. I am hoping this will be the place that will help me in the search of fox carcass's. I am currently a student at RMIT University studying Fine Art Major in sculpture. My obsession is working with various types of carcass's and making marrionettes and anything else I come up with.. So if there is any one out there, that can help me with any foxes, bats snakes if you happen to come across them on your farm?? please please help this dead animal art lover....wishing you all fabulous and thrilling hunts.....

Gday all,

Saw the article in VDH 3 and thought the forum was a great idea. I have 2 30-06's 2 2's a 223 and am getting right into deer hunting and need as much help and as many ideas as possible to point me the right way. You can only get so much out of books. Look forward to talking and meeting some other hunters. :D:P

Hi Guys (and Gals??),

Saw this site in VDH 3 as well. Thought it is a great space to swap tall stories and find some helpful info! Sako 30-06, Leopold 1.5-5 and Woodleigh 180 grainers are my ticket to happiness! 2nd favorite thing is ironing out foxes with a .222 (bipoded sako, 4.5-14 leopold, 55gr balistic tips).

Gday My 2nd day on this site i found it( AUSHUNT ) a bit strange at first but im slowerly getting used to it. I live in Melbournes northern suburbs i hunt bunnies and whistle foxes i find whistling the old sneaky cunning fox the best your heart starts pumping when you see him making hes way to you and its great fun

I have just purchased a LITHGOW SMLE NO 4 MK.3 1941 303 I love this rifle it recoils like a .22 LR BUT WITH NOISE i want to use this rifle on pigs and goats I also have a TIKKA T3 HUNTER in 30.06 blued walnut this is a great rifle

I hunt bunnies with my dad and mates we use our Cz 22 standards and our Cz .17.HMRs. We also do ferreting i love shooting over the ferrets with the 410 shotgun its fast action and great fast action packed fun

I want to hunt pigs and goats in NSW and Pigs in The victoria they must be the hardest to find down here in vic but i want to track some down

Looking to meet new people Cheers Luke Williams