AusHunter

Hello from - Overseas

Hi from New Zealand.

I'm Kiwi Greg.

Some of you may already have seen my posts on other forums around the world.

My interests are wildcats, long range & extreme long range shooting.

I also design & market the Terminator Products range of muzzle brakes & products.

Cheers Greg.

Hey everyone, this is Bruce from China, where hunting is rare to see, I am just curious about hunting. Hope to know more about that with all you here in this forum.

Welcome Bruce. Be great for all here to read a story about hunting in China if you have any experience? I'd find it very interesting anyway.

Hi Bruce. Now that you are a member of AusHunt and you have an interest in cooking, why don't you get yourself over here for our forum members deer hunt at Wonnongatta in May?

Check it out under Deer Hunting and the threads of reports over the last few years. We have a spot for you at the meat carving table and as dessert maker.

Grant .

Hey Guys - thought id join up - QLD'er living overseas (EU) who regularly goes hunting (Pig/Goat) instead of seeing family when im back home!

Particularly interested in deer hunting in Victoria as this is likely where i'll be moving to in a few years

so big "G'Day!"

Hey, form Louisiana. Very interested in Aushunt especially waterfowl hunting and the political environment surrounding duck hunting throughout Australia.

Hello, hailing from good ole' GB. Don't own a firearm yet, but love camping, hiking, woodsmanship. Biggest fear (hiking in Canada/USA) is meeting a grizzly...the claws on those things! Yikes!

G'day. I'm from the States and I am a fledgling gunsmith. My interests are with gun building and shooting, as well as big game hunting. Glad to be a part of this forum.

Edited by Swan_ King

Hello,

I am from Auckland, NZ, planning to move to Sydney in early 2015. Have been a keen hunter here.

I would like to get more information on obtaining a firearms license in Australia and going out for a few hunts. Any info would be much appreciated.

Also I read that in Australia civilians are not allowed to possess semi-auto fire arms. Some info on this would be great. Current stockpile as below.

Ruger 10/22 semi auto, Savage Axis 308 bolt, Baikal single shot 7.62x39, Remington 22Mag semi auto. Any chance I can pile up something similar in Australia?

Regards,
Amit

Hello I hope to learn a lot from the members about hunting in Australia. I'm holed up in Canada and have hunted my entire life, from Grouse/Ducks/Geese to Deer, Bighorn Sheep, Elk, and Moose. I have also made a few trips to the southern hemisphere to SA to hunt and I'd like to learn what Aus has on offer.

Look forward to my stay here at Aushunt!

Hello from Alberta. Thought I'd join up to see what type of hunting opportunities are available in Aus (preferably bowhunting). Hoping to learn a lot!

Hey, a pair of tabbys, you've got yourself a pair of slippers.

You don't want odd ones...that would look silly.

Welcome aboard.

Grant

G'day from Denmark!

We are two guys coming to Queensland, Australia this february. We are keen hunters and are trying to figure out how your weapon laws, hunting permits etc. works.
Sam, 23 years,(my mate) have spend half a year traveling NZ, hunting most of the time and he has been hunting whole his life back in Denmark.
I(Søren Leegaard, 23 years) have spend a year in NZ hunting, half a year in Greenland guiding and hunting my self as well, and been a keen outdoorsman my whole life.

We could really need some advice about how the whole thing works in Aus. We are looking for a farm job on a cattle farm as well, so if you guys have any suggestions on that feel more than welcome to write :D

Cheers!