NitroV Hunter

Rifletuner

This one is 3mm NitroV steel, with a full flat grind and a tapered tang. Handles are Spotted Gum, with red G10 liners, brass Loveless bolts & brass lanyard tube. The pattern of this knife draws very heavily from the Bark River Gunny Hunter.

I had some Auctioneers Promise red oil and gun stock oil sitting here and have been thinking about trying it on a knife handle for a while. I had been a bit nervous about the red oil in particular as I didnt want it to dominate the colour of the handle timber by darkening it too much. I was initially a bit underwhelmed with the spotted gum after I hand sanded it, as it just looked like a very plain piece of light wood. I hit it with one coat of red oil and it was amazing how it brought the figure out in the wood. I stopped after a second coat of red oil, then gave it 14 coats of the gun stock oil and think it came up great.

IMG-6159.jpg

IMG-6165.jpg

IMG-6169.jpg

IMG-6176.jpg

• Like 9

Another great looking knife mate. I like the blade shape and that handle looks good.

You know RT, Grunf is spot on, the closer I look the more attention to detail I see.

The tapered tang you have mentioned but combined with the palm swell countoured into the handle I bet it's very comfortable to hold.

The rivets in the handle look superb, the timber has come up a treat, the taper in the blade to the edge and point is first class. I'm really liking your knives and more and more appreciating the skill to produce.

Great job.

On 20/04/2024 at 6:12 AM, grunf said:

Great work. So much effort and attention to detail.

Thanks mate. Appreciate the feedback.

9 hours ago, 17dave said:

You know RT, Grunf is spot on, the closer I look the more attention to detail I see.

The tapered tang you have mentioned but combined with the palm swell countoured into the handle I bet it's very comfortable to hold.

The rivets in the handle look superb, the timber has come up a treat, the taper in the blade to the edge and point is first class. I'm really liking your knives and more and more appreciating the skill to produce.

Great job.

Hey, mate, thanks I really do appreciate your comments. I am mostly self taught, and I enjoy trying to get better. I post my knives on a couple of forums as it has been a helpful way to find what people like or dislike in the different designs I have tried. I do take peoples feedback on board, and it is one of the things that has helped me improve over the years I have been doing it. I enjoy making them, but my main goal is to keep improving.