G'day from - WA

Are you the owner / leasee of the property , and is it near Perth CBD.

I was just relating to his situation, if he's in Perth 'burbs and looking for properties around Perth then he'll be looking for at least 100 acres (from my experience anyway) the bigger the property the better his chances are.

They are also not lic extra rifles in the same cal anymore unless you have a good reason why you need another in the same cal, you'll be wasting $68 applying for the same cal gun now if you don't have club support and / or a good reason to need it.

I wish you luck anyway with it the more shooters out there the better.

It is my residence, yes and no it is 300km from Perth. As I said before, it was before the new rules came in last year, which was why I added the caveat. When I added the last one in Feb of last year the copper tried to give me a hard time over it, for adding another 22, when I had one already. I put it to him that he had no business doing so and he had to relent, since he had no right at the time to stop me. I was pointing out that you don't need 100 acres for a rimfire rifle, that's all. I licensed three 22's, but only have two. The second one replaced the first one, while the third was an extra.

I was pointing out that you don't need 100 acres for a rimfire rifle, that's all.

No problem there, I have dealt with a couple of different cop shops here in Perth and they all gave me grief over the size of my uncles property, (and a few rellies and mates had the same thing), he's got 130 acres up in Gin Gin, they said if I lived there no prob's, in the end they gave me the lic and guns (12g, 45/70 , 2 X .22"s and an air rifle) I just made it in with my last .22 before the proverbial hit the fan, now I'm going to be dealing with them for a .22 pistol. I think the price of licences are a bit high for what it is and will put a lot of people off, good on Sharpy to stand up and get it, Sharpy if you do have trouble and really want to shoot, join a club. From where you live there are a heap of clubs shooting all sorts of disiplines Clays, pistols, field rifle, silly wets, western action etc etc.

I now have a few more properties and club support for when they start asking for property letters every 4 years.

Cheers for the advice guys. A few people I know have "large" properties down in Dwellingup and the like, but im not exactly sure how big "large" is :rolleyes: so will have to find out.

I was at the Wanneroo Shooting Complex yesterday (Monday) actually with a friend, not far from home at all.

Basically, I do definately want to join a club and I will once I get it sorted, but I'd like to get the rifle through a letter from a property owner just so I have the ability to do a bit of hunting if I want without having to redo the whole application. Cause as I have understood it, if you get your licence club assisted you can only shoot at a range and if you want to go hunting on a property you need to do the whole process all over again. Is that correct?

It's going to be a few months down the track at the moment, the Uni student budget doesn't help much.

:)

G’day, I’m from Sydney. I was introduced to hunting by my father about 10 years ago. I enjoy getting out in the bush with mates and chasing all sorts of game.

Sydney. That's one of the far eastern suburbs of Perth isn't it? ;):lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum mate.

Hi everyone, Im pretty new to shooting/hunting, I have recently purchase a cannon 737 air rifle. which im having a ball with shooting mice under the bird avairy in the backyard. My boss and i have been shooting a few times up north on a couple of stations hes got an old 303. I would love to get a .243 ruger to shoot foxes and goats with especially down south. anyway thats only a pipe dream as it's so hard to get a large enough property letter to satisfy the police.If anyone knows another way to get a letter or needs some extra eyes on a shoot please drop me a line.

Howdey,

I'm a newbie on this interesting site. We have just arrived from africa and I want to check out the hunting and range shooting in WA. The rifles and shotgun are still in South Africa and I would like to bring them over instead of leaving them there in a safe. So any hints and tips would be nice.

I have got a 22-250 for the ferrel stuff and a 12-bore for some of the other - how does it work to get an opportunity ? Any work for a 30-06 ? (Used it on medium sized game back home).

cheers

Happy Hunter in Perth

I have got a 22-250 for the ferrel stuff and a 12-bore for some of the other - how does it work to get an opportunity ? Any work for a 30-06 ? (Used it on medium sized game back home).

cheers

Happy Hunter in Perth

Check out this link and it should give you an idea on which range

SSAA ;)

G'day Fellas. Been into shooting for a long time but have been getting a bit more into it just lately.

I shoot with a Ruger 77/17HMR and have access to property in Quirrading/Beverley and also a couple of thousand acres up near Moore River. Main interest lies in rabbit shooting and Fox calling.

Also recently joined PFRC to shoot sporting clays. Good times, good times.

Mainly i head out with a mate or two - but would also be mad keen to hear from anyone organising a hunting trip and is looking for company.

Happy shooting.

Cheers.

G'day Fellas. Been into shooting for a long time but have been getting a bit more into it just lately.

I shoot with a Ruger 77/17HMR and have access to property in Quirrading/Beverley and also a couple of thousand acres up near Moore River. Main interest lies in rabbit shooting and Fox calling.

Mainly i head out with a mate or two - but would also be mad keen to hear from anyone organising a hunting trip and is looking for company.

Happy shooting.

Cheers.

Welcome I shoot up towards Moore river as well do you have much luck out there?

Happy shooting.

Cheers.

Welcome mate.

I love my Rugers!! If I had more money, I'd have only rugers, but finances haven't allowed that.