G'day from - QLD

Hey guys I'm new here.

My name is Phil - I'm a vet student living near Gatton in the Lockyer Valley.

I've only ever shot a rifle twice, a .223 just on a mates farm without instruction and I was woefully bad both times - it's possible nobody has ever missed that bad before.

Anyway I am keen to get my gun licence soon as one day I'd like to shoot pigs and goats (after a lot of time at the range). I've joined up here to ask some questions and learn more about hunting and shooting as I am really a blank slate.

Cheers

Phil

Hi, I'm Rob and I'm a huntaholic!

Originally from South Africa where I did a bit of hunting. I recently lodged my licence application and would like to get out learn how it's done over here. Live in Morningside, Brisbane.

My first rifle will be a CZ .22 for rabbits, foxes, cats etc. and then probably a .243 for pigs, etc. further down the track.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Morning everyone.

James, im a pig hunter and i hope use all enjoy having a lok at all my photos.

G'day All I'm from Airlie Beach, just getting back into hunting after a few years away from it due to family commitments, recently got my firearms license, shoot occasionally at the Bowen Club and just found a property where me and a mate can shoot on...looking forward to it ;)

Hey guys, just going through the licence application at the moment, just recently moved to Cape York, got pigs all around me, so I've decided to have a crack at hunting...

Look forward to picking up some tips on the forum, good hunting to all!

Edited by dar1stheory

Hi, im from England, in my 40's, i used work dogs for the guns, shoot pheasant and vermin (fox, rabbit) with shot gun. I started falconry and hunted rabbit with a Harris hawk, then i saw the light and moved to Australia and i now own 17hmr, 25-06, 44 magnum and shotgun. I have rabbit, fox, wild dog and deer to date and looking for properties and people with the same interest to shoot with.

Life is great in Oz

Happy hunting

Mark

Hello all,

Name- Ben

Live- Brisbane

Background- Shot for a highschool sport a few years back, me and best mate just got our weapon licence and keen to get hunting,

got the hilux's setup to go away n hunting spotlighting etc, got full camp setup, awaiting my first .223 rifle

(in cool off period atm), looking at .22 and 12G in near future, hoping to hunt small game, feral animals, pigs,

rabbits, foxes etc

Looking for- Hunting tips n experience, Hilux or other truck set-ups, land to shoot on, farmers or land owners wanting

feral animals cleared..

G'day guys my names Rob and I live in Mackay. I have a vanguard .270 win, an old lithgow .303, a norinco lever action .22 and a boico 12g. I haven't been huntin in ages and I'm looking to do more of it. I hear to try and find some good places to go and to learn how to prep the game properly for eating.

Cheers

Rob