G'day from - WA

Season's Greetings to the fraternity,

All I would like for Christmas is the opportunity to blood my Winchester 94 22 Mag. Please! please somebody help me out! Being a member of the Defence Force is a busy occupation lately, and I it doesn't leave much time to approach land holders for permission to take a feral or two.

I have owned my little 22 Mag for 5 years now, and it's just getting embarassing when I have to admit that I haven't taken any animals with it.

I appeal to the generous land owners for an opportunity to shoot on their land, if only just one opportunity. Am willing to travel long distance, and to pay for access.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

HI IM ANOTHER WEST AUSTRALIAN IM A VERY KEEN HUNTER AND HAVE BEEN ALL MY LIFE I HAVE ALSO SHOT COMPETITION FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS . I LIVE FOR SHOOTING ITS MY REASON FOR BEING HERE AUSSIERIC

hey all i have just moved to perth region from QLD and am trying to find some places i can go to catch a few pigs with my dogs can anyone give me some advice so i can get back into hunting the weekends are getting way too boring

G'day all,

Originally from the NT where i did a bit of pig hunting, but have now moved to Perth. Lucky enough to have access to a farm just south of Perth where pigs are a problem. Not into using dogs, just a couple of rifles do the trick for me.

That's not lucky that's everybody's dream - well done and enjoy the site

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

HI

LIVE AND WORK IN MANJIMUP FAR SOUTHWEST WA

SPENT MOST OF MY TIME SHOOTING IN THE WHEATBELT

BUT RABBITS SEEM TO BE UNRELIABLE IN THE SOUTHWEST

HERE SOME DAYS BUT NOT OTHERS

SOME FOXES SOME CATS MOST PIGS AND GOATS SEEM TO BE IN NATIONAL PARKS OR STATE FOREST SO DONT MUCH

CHANCE TO CHASE THEM

HAVE A SEMI CUSTOM BRNO MOD 2 IN 22LR

AND A WINCHESTER XTR IN .222

Hi Doug.

We're in the same neck of the woods as each other.

Just so you know. Don't type in capital letters. It indicates that you are shouting.

Hi, I've owned firearms' for almost 20yrs both centrefires' and rimfires'. Originally from Narrogin, just spent 7 yrs in the Wheatbelt and now based on the southern outskirts' of Perth. Mostly hunted for "farm vermin" but keen to get into goat and pig hunting around Perth if anyone experienced is willing to share their knowledge?? Currently have a .22 Magnum and have a 308 Tikka on order.

Welcome mate theres a few of us on here starting to chase the pigs and goats

I myself have only managed to take one pig so far which was around the 90kg mark and that was after a year of searching and now I'm addicted

Where abouts are you based?

Edited by dann81

Welcome mate theres a few of us on here starting to chase the pigs and goats

I myself have only managed to take one pig so far which was around the 90kg mark and that was after a year of searching and now I'm addicted

Where abouts are you based?

I'm based in Byford. I've read a lot of hunting mags and been looking on the net but can't seem to find a lot of info on rules and regulations for goat and pig hunting in WA- would you know where I might find some more info on it??

I'm based in Byford. I've read a lot of hunting mags and been looking on the net but can't seem to find a lot of info on rules and regulations for goat and pig hunting in WA- would you know where I might find some more info on it??

There is no regs as such the only rule is it has to be on private property DEC being who they are think its better to lock every one out rather than using hunters as a resource.

There is no regs as such the only rule is it has to be on private property DEC being who they are think its better to lock every one out rather than using hunters as a resource.

waiting for my new rifle its been 4 weeks since done paper work.new procedure going threw post is alot slower than past.next time i will buy 2 guns