G'day from - VIC

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

g'day, im from melbourne vic an i joined up to learn a bit more about hunting ect

cheers jordie

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'day

I just joined the Aushunt site today to share my experiences hunting and also learn from others on reloading, different firearms, etc. I own a 12g U/O, Marlin 17HMR & Howa 22-250.

I would also be keen to find out about different areas within Victoria or nearby to go hunting.

Cheers

Ben

Geelong - VIC.

Mike from Melbourne here. Here to check out the gossip since the Wild Deer Hunting & Guiding Expo in Wodonga.

Welcome Mike

It was a great show apart from the protesters....

Hello all,

I'm from mid-western Victoria.

Rabbits, hares and the odd fox are my principal game, usually using a Brno .22 with subsonics, .17HMR or a 12g shotgun (sxs, often with black powder). For a treat, my 15b sxs percussion ML gets a run sometimes, too, among other old and wonderful arms.

I am a SSAA and Vintagers member. That's all for now.

Cheers.

New to site.

Previously hunted pigs and deer both with dogs and hounds, now mainly hunt for Sambar stalking after taking a long break from it.

Last year got back into it with some success and looking forward to this year.

The big stag has still eluded me but plan to change that some time soon.?

Mainly hunt Vic area. jamieson, big river etc.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hi fellow hunters just here 2 say gday i injoy huntin anything from rabbits 2 sambar . i live a stone throw from the grampians the home of the red deer thay say but still havnt got 1 hangin on the wall hopefully this season .love 2 hear about your hunts & tips . happy huntin falcon

does anyone have any good locations where I could shoot for rabbits..i'm new to this sport and for some reason i can't find out any information about where to go....

Ive got a .22 with scope and a shot gun....but i lack the now how where to go.. went to goulburn valley near seymour but didnt find any good sights to shot...dont really

thanks

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi I'm new to the site. I'm Big Al.

I'm a farmer and I'm presently having a lot of trouble with foxes. I'm really looking for information about their habits, when they are about etc.

I have a Savage 22WMR with a telescope and a fox whistle (do they really work?)

Any advice greatfully received

regards

Al

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi. names Wayne. I have .308, .22 an a 12 gauage shotgun. joined up cause im new 2 hunting an trying to get on to properties for pig shooting mainly. if anyone can help that would be much appreicated.

cheers

Wayno

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi there in melbourne city for two years working, from NZ ( Where the big buck are ) keen to learn a bit about hunting in VIC.

Own Remington 700 SPSS in 300WSM with Leupold VX-II attached.